Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 with a D70 Back-up with Lense question

hotshots

US
121 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hotshots Registered since 20th Jul 2006
Wed 02-Aug-06 05:37 AM

Hey there...

I have question in regards to two DSLRS and two lenses. I currently own a Nikon D70 with a kit lense and a 70-200 2.8 VR. Now, here are my questions.

1) I am getting ready to purchase a D200, however, I am also going to purchase the almighty Nikkor 17-35 2.8 as my new primary to replace my "kit" lense. and I would like to have my new lense (17-35 2.8 always attached to either the D70 or the D200, and the real question is, should I keep the D200 with the 17-35 as my everyday walkaround or the 70-200 VR, or vice versa? And yes, much of the time I will be wearing both of them around my neck, and yes, already made my neck surgery appointment for about a year from now...lol. This question just really has me bugged.

2) Is the 17-35 2.8 better then the 17-55 2.8. Of course I know it is all in what you shoot, but I am looking for the "best" walk around general lense to keep attached always on either my new D200 or D70 and as I said before, the other camera would have the 70-200 VR always attached.

Thank you guys for helping on this.

Hotshots

My Nikonians Gallery

G