Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Some files on disk are corrupt

jldodge

Atlanta, US
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jldodge Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th Sep 2009
Sun 23-Jun-13 08:22 PM

I am encountering situations (after formatting a disk via my camera) where files are corrupt. I have tried a couple of recovery programs (Stellar and Seagate) but cannot recover the files.

My camera is a D70s and I want to determine if it is the camera or the disk itself. If it is the camera, is it repairable OR have I exhausted the useful life of the camera. With the exception of the corrupt files, the camera operates fine. I have never had any other problems with the camera and have it cleaned/serviced regularly. If it is the disk, it's easy enough to toss it. I am using a Lexar Professional UDMA 2 GB disk.

My problem is how to make sure it is either the camera or the disk.

Any help would be appreciated ... Thanks in advance ...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Some files on disk are corrupt

G