Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D70s Flash and the SB-26

jmsnoopy650

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jmsnoopy650 Registered since 26th May 2013
Mon 27-May-13 01:47 PM

I've had the SB-26 for 2 years now and the D70s for about 9 months. Even with my N90s I don't think I used the SB-26 to its full potential. I am aware that the SB-26 can be triggered by another flash going off. I'm also aware that the SB-26 will work with tha D70s, but without iTTL.

That said, I've heard of commander mode. What is commander mode? I realize it is for off camera flash control, but how is it used? Is that a function of just the flash itself? Is that built in to the camera body? Can it be used with the D70s to link to the SB-26 wirelessly or does it require other accessories?

I'll be honest, I don't like using flash often as I prefer natural lighting where possible. But I realize that sometimes there just isn't enough light or we need to lighten the shadows. Plus, there is a great deal of interesting photos that can be creatively achieved by use of the flash. That's why I'm here, to ask and learn to get the most from my Nikon system.

G