Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

LCD screen black with horizontal lines

mamajaia

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mamajaia Registered since 15th Mar 2013
Fri 15-Mar-13 06:07 AM

Hi,
This is my first post and I'm quite the amateur photographer but my beloved D90 (4 years old) started freezing when I tried to shoot...I think I fixed that problem but soon after the LCD display went blank, or rather black with white horizontal lines. It still takes pictures fine, and video as well, but since i can't see what I'm videoing I have soem precious memories of my sweet babies' Christmas programs where everyone's heads are cut-off. Not pleased.

I called Nikon and the very kind rep (dripping sarcasm) told me to send it in without any attempt to explain or diagnose. I tried the local camera shop and they mentioned connectors (which I tried to clean myself - nothing) and said they would charge me $250.

anyone know a fix or do I just send it in? Thank you!!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: LCD screen black with horizontal lines

G