Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

rotating pictures

pasknucklehead

US
1527 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Fri 22-Feb-13 02:23 AM

Hi guys, I don't know if I asked this before or not, and if I did, I'm sorry, cause I can't remember the answer.

Here goes.
I have, on my d90, auto image rotation turned on. Does that not mean when I am viewing them on my computer that all the photos I took vertically not automatically turned the correct way so I don't have to go up to my top menu bar and manually rotate everyone of them so I can view them correctly?
I know when I took a short little course a couple of months ago at our local newspaper where I work, we had to hand over to the instructor the memory card from the camera of the photos we just took. He then put them in the laptop and proceeded to show our pictures on a tv screen. Of course, there were all of my vertical shots sideways. He looked at me and said " you didn't set the auto rotate to on did you?". I just said, sorry, I thought I did. And when I left class, I looked at my menu in the camera and sure enough it is set to on..So, is that not the way it is supposed to work? Tired of tilting my head sideways to view my photos...

Darlene

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: rotating pictures
Reply message Rotating to Portrait - loss of data?
     Reply message RE: Rotating to Portrait - loss of data?
          Reply message Thanks!
               Reply message RE: Thanks!

G