Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D80 battery or SD card proiblem?

Tyrrell54

UK
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Tyrrell54 Registered since 20th Dec 2011
Tue 20-Dec-11 07:27 PM

My Nikon D80 is fitted with the Nikon 18-200VR lens. I was out shooting some photos today, came home and downloaded them into Photoshop and worked on them as usual. During this time the camera was connected to the computer but switched off as I had all the photos downloaded to a folder on my hard drive. When I was finished working on the photos I turned the camera on again to dump the images off the SD card but when I switched it on it wasn't recognised by my computer. I then noticed that the battery indicator in the display was flashing with the letters Err to the side. I thought the battery was flat so I put in a freshly charged battery but it made no difference. I removed the lens and found that the mirror was locked up. I unlocked the mirror cleaned the contacts and replaced the lens. When I switched the camera on the battery indicator was flashing but the Err had disapeared. The battery indicator always flashes 7 times. Also the display is not indicating the fact that I have an 4GB SD card in the camera. Nor is it displaying (-E-)which it should do if I take the card out. The brackets are there in the display but no indication of the number of shots available. I have tried two other SD cards one 4GB and a 2GB and neither are registered in the camera. I put the SD cards into my computer and they worked fine and I was able to dump the files from there. I have always used the camera set to JPEG fine but today I changed it to RAW as I wanted to start processing images in Camera Raw, could that be a problem? I tried to find out what firmware version is on my D80 but when I press the menu button nothing happens, I don't get the menu up on the screen. I'm out of work at he moment and I can't really afford some expensive fix so can anyone think of any reason why this is happening? The camera was working perfectly a matter of hours ago! Many thanks.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D80 battery or SD card proiblem?
Reply message RE: D80 battery or SD card proiblem?
Reply message RE: D80 battery or SD card problem?

G