Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

d70 or coolpix8700

glennk

USA, US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
glennk Registered since 05th Mar 2004
Fri 05-Mar-04 01:14 PM

I am debating getting a d70 or the coolpix 8700. Currently I have a coolpix 4500 and after 20 years of lugging large film cameras around I find the small size and the stealth possibilities of the swiveling viewfinder liberating. I imagine being in the d70 forum, there will be a wealth of opinions on why the d70 is a much better idea. I would love to hear your most prominent factors that favor the d70, in spite of it's substantially heavier weight and lack of swiveling screen, over the 8700. I guess I'm just looking to be convinced that it will be worth going back to a larger camera bag and being a more visible photographer. Can you help?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d70 or coolpix8700
     Reply message Beg to disagree

G