Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
zggy247

Ventura, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zggy247 Registered since 06th May 2007
Fri 20-Jul-07 12:27 AM

Hello All,
This is my first post here. I've been lurking around for some time now and have learned a lot. There is a great wealth of information here and hope to learn more in the future.

My problem is this. Both Nikon batteries that I own seem to discharge at an accelerated rate. If I insert a freshly charged battery and don't do anything but let the camera sit with the power switch off, within five hours the battery is discharged to approximately 50%. Within a 24 hour period it is completely dead. Again this happens with both batteries. I was just wondering if this is normal? Is this happening to anyone else? Could it possibly be that both batteries are degraded or is there something wrong with my D200? A bit more information is that I have the 18-200 VR attached. I thought that maybe because the VR switch was in the "on" position that it might have some affect; no joy, because in the off position the batteries still get drained. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Dana

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 Power Problem