Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 TimeZoneOffset EXIF tag missing ?

zooloo

Chicago, US
46 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zooloo Registered since 06th Nov 2004
Sat 23-Jun-07 01:36 PM

I recently traveled abroad (to Beijing, China) and set the World Time -> on my D200 appropriately ("Beijing, HK, Singapore UTC+8").

I just returned and tried using exiftool to rename my files and include the TimeZone (amongst other things) in the filename, via:

exiftool -d %Y-%m/%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S-%Z-%%f.%%e "-filename<datetimeoriginal" .

Unfortunately, this resulted in my local timezone (CDT) being used.

Looking through all the EXIF tags in both the .nef and .jpg files, I don't see anything that looks like a time zone or time zone offset.

So I believe exiftool is just substituting my local timezone because there's no EXIF data for this ... I also used IrfanView on my desktop to examine all the EXIF data and I don't see anything there either.

So where is the time zone name and/or offset stored and what is the EXIF tag name? It *seems* like it isn't, which is disappointing 8-(

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 TimeZoneOffset EXIF tag missing ?

G