Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How Can Nikon Claim Water Damage on my D200?

zurf

US
53 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zurf Registered since 05th Apr 2003
Fri 08-Jun-07 11:37 PM

My D200 is almost one year old. About 6 months ago the rubber bottom fell off (when I was using a monopod). I also noticed the battery latch would not close as securely as it used to. Twice in the past year I lost a couple of photos when I didn't securely close the battery latch. I sent the camera into Nikon for warranty repair and I just received a $300 estimate. They claim water damage - but I have never never never had my camera get wet in anyway. On Monday I will call Nikon but how can they claim water damage when I know this is not true. Could it be the humidity in Hawaii? Could damage come from standing at the beach taking surf photos? Is there any chance they will reconsider? Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks.

a few more shots at http://www.thesmokingcamera.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How Can Nikon Claim Water Damage on my D200?

G