Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

It's horses for courses mate

1pt618

Sedgefield, UK
42 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
1pt618 Registered since 12th Apr 2007
Tue 08-May-07 03:56 PM

I've had my D200 for 7 months, it's my first venture into any kind of photography and I got a little fed up of the majority of my shots coming out like snapshots and not being able to understand why. I picked up the manual, gobbledegook.. I posted questions to forums, gobbledegook. Everywhere I turned, everyone was most helpful, or would have been if I was actually able to understand what they were willing to explain.

Last week, however, I completed a wedding/portraits course in Buxton, Derbyshire. It was excellent. The instructor was very knowledgeable, had the knack of being able to teach at all levels and the course content was perfect for absolute beginners to intermediate photographers. We covered Studio and church lighting, we had a couple of models as well as a bride and groom, we shot inside, outside, learnt all about how to make your hobby a business and finished off by putting some of our well taken shots through the photoshop mill. All in all, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I actually feel like I'm controlling my camera now and not the other way around.

Another big plus was working and living alongside like minded people, most of whom also had D200's. If I had any technical questions, I wasn't stuck for an answer..

Why am I posting? Well if you're currently going through the frustrations that I went through prior to my course, please, do yourself a favour and get yourself on a course as soon as possible. I love my camera... now that most of it makes sense

Take care

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: It's horses for courses mate