Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Something Strange Happened 2day - Any Thoughts?

yssirk

US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
yssirk Registered since 11th Dec 2004
Sun 29-Apr-07 01:17 AM

I was taking 1st Holy Communion portraits today for my local church. We had 9 kids in, and something strange happened which has me at a loss. For one of the sessions, the autofocus went out.

I was using the D200 and a 24-120 Nikkor VR lens. The only focus setting that I think could cause this is the autofocus switch on the lens, and it was correctly set. When I looked at the proofs, they were blurry. Importing them into Capture NX and clicking on View, Show Focus Area - the little rectangle doesn't appear at all, which means to me there was no autofocus occuring. All the other images are fine, and I didn't change the lens autofocus switch for any of the sessions. I'm a little worried about this, as May is pretty much booked up and this has been my favorite lens which up until now has delivered razor sharp images.

Does anyone have an idea as to what could possibly cause the blurry image and make the autofocus not work? Is there anyway other than moving the switch on the lens itself that you can turn autofocus off? I'm not sure if I have a lens problem, a camera problem, or if there's something I inadvertently did that would cause this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bill

I started with nothing. I still have most of it

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G