Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

" D20####.NEF.TRASHED" file?

Marktan

Plainfield, US
126 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Marktan Registered since 12th Dec 2005
Sun 18-Feb-07 10:00 PM

I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything on this...
I just came back in from shooting my daughter in the snow with the D200. The memory Card was "empty" (but not formatted recently) when I started. I took about a dozen shots (NEF JPEG). When I came back in to transfer the images onto the computer (via USB), the folder that contains the images show THREE types of files for each image:
"D20xxxx.NEF" (this is normal)
"D20xxxx.JPG" (this is normal too)

but, this is weird I think:
"D20xxxx.NEF.TRASHED" (what the heck is this?)

What's this "trashed" file all about? They are the exact same file size, and date/time, as the original NEF that corresponds to it. I haven't tried to open one yet (figure I could try forcing it in CS2). Do I have a setting wrong in camera?

I'm going to reformat the card in camera once I get the files off of it just to be safe, and I'll see if it continues to do so. I just wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this? Thanks!

Mark
A Chicago Nikonian

"Say what you mean and mean what you say, for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"

Mark
A Chicago Nikonian

"Say what you mean and mean what you say, for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"

G