Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"Err" camera malfuntion when shooting at low apatures

jnixD100

St. Marys, US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jnixD100 Registered since 17th May 2004
Mon 17-May-04 02:42 PM

I've got a reconditioned D100 from Cameta Camera and it works great except for one small problem. When I shoot something bright with an apature smaller than the largest f-stop on my lens (2.8 ot 3.5) I get a blinking "Err" message on the control panel where the shutter speed is usualy displayed. It general shuts my camera down for about 10-15 seconds, however sometimes it takes a lot longer unless I restart the camera. An odd sidenote, when I shoot tiff files the "Err" will blink until the image is processed on the card. Most of the images come out extremely underexposed too. I think that about explains it. I just got my camera and I'm about to move so I really don't want to send it into nikon just yet. I hope someone out there has had this problem and fixed it or know what is going on.
Thanks for any help you can give.

By the way, is there anyone out there who hates Canon just for the fun of having a rival camera ... Nikon v Canon = Red Sox v Yankees

G