Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

** Stuck Pixel Question **

grettonm

12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
grettonm Registered since 06th Oct 2003
Thu 27-Nov-03 12:09 AM

Time to bug the Nikonians again!

My 2 month old D100 shows a stuck pixel after only 200 pictures. I never noticed it before but I just now noticed it when I took a pic where part of the pic is very dark. This is not a long exposure picture...day light...250th of a second shutter speed. One pixel remains on. It does not bug the crap out of me because I can fix it if it is in a pic that I want to print. However, what I am worried about are more of them appearing. I am also not sure what other people have experienced and what their threshold is for returning the cam for service. right now my position is that I will just deal with it and before the warranty is up, I will send it in. What do you all think? Chould I nip it in the bud now? Is it common to have a pixel or two "stuck"?

Mike

G