>I hope that Nikon has not decided to pull the camera...!
I doubt that very much. I'd guess it's more likely there have been so many pre-orders that the first several months worth of production are already spoken for, and Nikon don't want to create more of a backlog.
Or, possibly, the camera won't be ready for release as soon as expected.
Amazing. That's a hell of a deposit on a camera that is several months from delivery and that doesn't even have an official price established yet. If the camera comes in at around $2100, that's a 71% deposit that's sitting in the dealer's account. Or perhaps the dealer will charge $3000 no matter what the street price ends up being.
Are there any dealers taking orders on the D2? It has to be coming sometime after all...never mind the price, performance tests, delivery date or price.
>Amazing. That's a hell of a deposit on a camera that is >several months from delivery and that doesn't even have an >official price established yet. If the camera comes in at >around $2100, that's a 71% deposit that's sitting in the >dealer's account.
I too was a bit shocked at their deposit price.....it does sort of make me wonder what the final cost will be.....if it is a 50% deposit, then that would make their price $3,000!!!! Too much..save a bit and buy a D1H.........
I heard rumors the D2 will be announced once I get ready to buy the D100 (or Fuji S2), meaning I will wait and wait ...
I remember that Camera dealer in Austin 'mwagner' ist talking about. He also wanted a hefty deposit when I was shopping for my F100 couple of years ago.
When I came back with a pricing from mail orders for a couple of thousand dollar package and tried to negotiate a better price he almost started whining and sulking. He didn't want to give a single dollar off and asked me why I wouldn't order from the mail if they have the supposed to be better deal.
Well, I followed his advice and live happy since then...
Have a nice day
Learn more about me and the Nikonians team on ourTeam Page.