Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
desdrury

Portsmouth, UK
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
desdrury Registered since 02nd Sep 2002
Tue 03-Sep-02 04:46 PM

I just got back from a trip to Utah and have many images that I now want to fix and print. My previous camera was a Sony DSC-F707 and as such I am not really familiar with the whole workflow that is needed to get a good print from the D100.

My settings for shooting were:

RAW mode (uncompressed)
Normal sharpening,
Adobe RGB,
Normal tone curve.

When I look at the frames I have shot they do initially look a bit dull, which seems to be the norm. A litle playing around with levels soon sorts it out though.

What I am interested in is the whole process, from taking the images off the camera to getting an A3 print on an Epson 1290 printer. My understanding of the workflow is:

1. Use NC3 or similar to make any initial corrections.
2. Use Photoshop to make further corrections and sharpen.
3. Print from Photoshop.

I really am lacking in knowledge regarding things such as colour profiling, specific corrections to make and the amount of sharpening to do for an A3 print. I understand that the size of the print dictates the amount of sharpening to be applied?

If anyone could let me know their workflow and any hints'n'tips that would be real cool.

Moving upto the D100 seems to be a real step up in complexity, not that I'm complaining as I find it fascinating

Cheers.

Des

G