Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cleaning the D100 CCD

desdrury

Portsmouth, UK
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
desdrury Registered since 02nd Sep 2002
Mon 02-Sep-02 03:04 PM

I just spent the past two weeks in Utah and have managed to get quite a bit of crap inside my D100, some of it relatively large, if anyone could provide advice on cleaning the CCD it would be really appreciated.

I understand that there are some parts inside the CCD chamber that are quite delicate and that using a compressed air blower is definitely not recommended. Is a hand blower a better option? Also does anyone know where I can get hold of the sensor swabs in the UK or Ireland. I have phoned around a number of camera stores and no-one seems to have any idea about these items. The only recommendation so far is that I send it back to Nikon for a clean, which I don't think is a reasonable answer for a number of reasons, such as the need to clean in the field when in very dusty areas, the excessive cost and the loss of camera for a couple of weeks at a time.

If anyone has any experience cleaning the CCD in the field I would be really interested to hear about it and any recommendations would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

Des

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Cleaning the D100 CCD

G