Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 video out larger screen option

flashdeadline

Havelock, US
4110 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
flashdeadline Administrator Expert professional photojournalist Awarded for his multiple contributions to the eZine, Newsletters and more Nikonian since 07th Apr 2002
Fri 11-Oct-02 06:54 PM

Hi folks,
The weeks are winding down to when I get the official go-ahead to purchase two D100's for use at our weekly newspaper. Nikonians, most notably the PJ forum folks, have been very helpful in helping me fine tune my list of bodies, CF cards, digital wallets, lenses and the like.
Now, on a Friday afternoon, I get this wild idea that for around $200 I could get a plug-in LCD monitor with a larger screen than on the back of the body, to be used as a better "did I get it right?" monitor on the scene, without having to download to a notebook.
I'm starting to "focus" on:
CITIZEN M-938 LCD Color Camcorder Monitor System
* 3.8", for USA NTSC system
* 105,120 pixels, weighs less than 9 oz.
* Runs 3 hours on 6 AA batteries
* Mounts on any camcorder
* Includes battery pack, foldable sun shade, monitor stand, DC cord, mounting tool and accessory bar
It is listed at B&H:
http://www04.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___13863___CIM938___REG___CatID=1984___SID=F10E089BAF0___call=features#goto_features
Other uses are seriously valuable. Shooting a group of people moving fast in some ceremony--picking the best frame, then pulling somebody aside and saying "ID these guys left to right"--
Not something I'd want to do with the on-board LCD.
Can you imagine us cheek to cheek trying to see that itty-bitty screen?
But the 3.8" should be large enough and fit in my camera vest or gear bag.
I'm thinking by using it I will also shift preview battery juice needs from the camera to the monitor.
OK-- am I nuts?-- anybody doing this now?
I will gladly accept all criticisms, but will shrivel at the sound of raucous laughter.

---Tom

"Shoot everything f/16 at a 100 and let the lab boys worry about it."

---Tom

"Shoot everything f/16 at a 100 and let the lab boys worry about it."

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera."

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 video out larger screen option