Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Version 2 D100 upgrade - a very fast turnaround

benherrmann

Fuquay Varina, US
563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
benherrmann Registered since 17th Aug 2002
Wed 16-Oct-02 09:28 PM

Hello fellow Nikonians:

FYI - I sent in my D100 last week, sending it next day air on Tuesday so it would be in Louisville, KY before Monday. Just to let you know, I received it back today - wow, that was really quick - a superb turnaround time from Nikon...I'm impressed. They packed it exceptionally well and sent it back both bubble wrapped and loaded with those styrofoam pellets. They even included an insert page of upgraded information to put in your camera manual. So, if they started upgrading on Monday...and I got it back 2 days later - wow!!!

Even had one forum chap question my sending it next day air. I responded that I surmised that perhaps, Nikon had a method for tracking sequentially when cameras arrived for upgrade, and that they would fix them accordingly. It now seems that this is the case.

Just one question. I know this sounds rather gauche, but I'm suffering from a "brain fart" right now. What do I do on the D100 to check the version of my firmware? I went through the menu but there is nothing that shows me how to view the version on the LCD screen. I know this has been covered in the past in various threads, but I completely forgot how to do it. Any suggestions?

Ben Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

Good Shooting...

Ben

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Version 2 D100 upgrade - a very fast turnaround
     Reply message turnaround
     Reply message RE: turnaround