Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 pics very soft , maybe out of focus??

BRiggleman

Charles Town, US
328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BRiggleman Registered since 10th Nov 2002
Sun 10-Nov-02 12:41 AM

Problem One: My brand new aniversary present, a D100 with a 28-105 3.5/4.5 nikon lens does not seem to be as sharp as I expected. My 995 seems to take sharper pics. Is this a defect, do I have a bad camera or lens?

I have used different brands of lenses and tried manual focusing but cannot seem to get past this softness to the pics. I have set the sharping to high, still no effect.

Update Post 11/12/2002: The D100 is taking very sharp pictures when it locks on focus. I guess I need to find out if it is a distance issue or lens issue. I dont want to blame the camera because I get too many fantastic shots with it with the macro lens.

I always want the next model up!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 pics very soft , maybe out of focus??

G