Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 Upgrade Urgent Warning

griffithstephen

70 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
griffithstephen Registered since 23rd Mar 2002
Sat 16-Nov-02 10:14 PM

My dealer (in the U.S.) sent my D100 to the Kentucky UPS address on Nov. 14. It should arrive there on Nov. 18. Unfortunately, I found out this morning from another Nikon Advanced Systems Dealer that he had received an Email from Richard LoPinto, Nikon VP of Marketing for SLR systems dated Nov.18 (Two days from now) that the upgrade service in Louisville has been discontinued and will now be carried out, along with all other repair services at the Melville and Torrance Service Facilities. I have a copy of the EMail to verify this. So my new D100 is on its way to Louisville, where it will be forwarded to Melville and endure another 3 - 4 days in transit in order to sit in the repair queue for 7 days and then be shipped back to me in in another 3-4 days. What should have been a four day event will now take weeks and I will not have the camera over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

This EMail says, despite the change, they will only post this change on the website on Nov. 20. If you are about to send yours in for the upgrade, wait. If it was sent in the past few days like mine, best of luck.

These people make great equipment but are clueless about customer service! I've purchased a CP5000 with accessory lenses, a 24-120 and an 80-400VR, a D100, an SB-80DX, an SB-50DX and a coolscan iv in the last several months and own an F100. I guess I am not a valuable customer to them!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 Upgrade Urgent Warning

G