Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 - tough enough?

Leon8

New York, US
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Leon8 Registered since 13th Nov 2002
Mon 09-Dec-02 06:57 PM

I've thought about making the leap to digital for quite some time, but besides the fact that I do not have a money tree growing in my backyard, I'm afraid that my photography habits make the digital option an unsuitable one for me. I currently use an FM2n with AIS lenses, and besides the everyday shooting around the city or vacation shots, I regularly take my FM2n on hikes in the mountains in winter. I never have to think twice about shooting in the snow or rain, which I do often. I take pictures of waterfalls in the winter and have had my camera coated in frozen mist - I've dropped it in the snow, skidded it across the ice, and let it sit exposed on a tripod while old man winter throws everything he's got at it. This is what I bought the FM2n for - now the obvious question is, to what degree can a digital SLR withstand winter weather punishment. I don't expect to be able to use a D100 to hammer in nails or survive a drop into a 100ft ice cascade, but it would be comforting to hear about some nature photographers who take their DSLRs into the elements and don't feel the need to restrict their adventurism in order to protect their equipment.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 - tough enough?

G