Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 or not...Educate me please.

Bobcatbob

Baltimore, US
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bobcatbob Registered since 03rd Oct 2002
Tue 10-Dec-02 12:59 PM

Ok folks, I am thinking abotu making the leap and trading in my F100 body for the D100. Before I do this, I have a few questions...

1) Are people still having a problem with flash underexposure? If so, what can or has been done to fix this?

2) Can someone explain the memory buffer issue? I know the D100 has a smaller buffer than the d1x/h and I cannot be sure of this is an issue or not. I shoot some sports and a lot of single shots of people. I'll probablybe shooting fine JPEGS or the occcasional NEF/RAW image, but I'm not running in the 3 fps mode very often, so is the buffer issue a concern? If I take a few photos within a period of say 5 minutes, does the buffer empty itself or is there a time when the camera is unusable because the buffer is being "written" to the card?

3) Given the impending release of a new high-end Nikon DSLR, is the D1x at $3500 (eventually) a better deal? Should I be concerned about a potential replacement for the d100 arriving next summer?

Thanks for all of your help folks!

Bob, the Baltimore Nikonian

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 or not...Educate me please.

G