Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thrilled with my new D100

jhallettbc

82 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jhallettbc Basic Member
Sat 14-Dec-02 12:23 AM

After much research I decided to get the D100 (and keep my F100). I have now had it two days and couldn't be more pleased. None of the problems that people have been talking about are apparent to me, especially the underexposure. I find that with and without flash, the exposures are spot on (in fact I like the flash underexposed like on my F100). The color temperature selection seems straight forward and easy to use. You can immediately see after taking a photo if the color temp. is right. In any case it can be changed afterwards with Capture 3.5 which I downloaded. I was prepared for lots of hassles and difficulties getting good pictures but have been very pleasantly surprised. Perhaps Nikon has changed settings in the camera; mine came loaded with Firmware 2.
I have been using a Coolscan IV for about a year so digital imagining is not new to me. My initial impression is that the raw format pictures from the D100 are better than the scans from the Coolscan. I'm going to do some accurate comparisons to make a final call.
So if anyone is hesitating to buy a D100 I would say go ahead and enter a whole new world of instant feedback and enjoyment.

John

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thrilled with my new D100
     Reply message Great Expectation
          Reply message RE: Great Expectation
               Reply message RE: Great Expectation

G