Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to identify dead pixels without a doubt on the D100

huertaaj

US
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
huertaaj Registered since 16th Dec 2002
Mon 16-Dec-02 09:23 PM

Hi all:
I just joined this Nikon forum and this is my first post. I just got a D100 and so far I love it. I've looked for dead pixels and have identified several potential bad ones but am not SURE about it because the intensity will vary from image to image, sometimes not appearing. The potential bad pixels will show up at the same spot but their intensity will depend on the lighting. My question is...what is the best way to determine FOR SURE if a pixel is dead? In other words, how can I be sure that the Nikon repair technicians will also see that same pixel as dead? Should I record an image with the lens cap on? Should I record an image from a dark gray card? Should I record 3 separate images using Red, Green, or Blue cards and then look for dots of certain colors?

Alfredo J. Huerta
Associate Professor of Botany

Alfredo J. Huerta
Associate Professor of Botany

G