Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Prices dropping on the D100.

Mike777

Stoke on Trent, UK
405 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Mike777 Registered since 16th Sep 2002
Tue 10-Dec-02 04:15 PM

Hi All,

I picked up my D100 at the weekend and wanted to share how the deal came out. Hope it helps anyone else considering buying one. I bought everything from Jessops which is the national UK high street chain.

The camera was £1649 including a MD100 (price matched to Warehouseexpress). The current price of the battery grip is £249 so that makes the camera £1400 (if you want to value the grip at its full price which I do consider to be too high). Nikon are giving away a 1GB microdrive in a xmas promotion, which is worth £230. That brings the camera down to £1170. I bought an SB80DX and they knocked £50 of that and £10 of a 128MB card. So that brings the camera down to £1110.

Now, I have valued all the extras at full price to come up with a net price for the camera but you could of course just say £1649 + all the other discounts and freebies. Cut it how you like.

I suspect that the base price for the D100 will be under £1000 soon, BUT, one thing no one ever mentions is how cheap memory is at the moment. I believe that cheap memory and processor chips are really helping, historically they fluctuate wildy and shortages spring up overnight (I'm in that business) so I'm happy. If memory prices shot up that could really hurt digital DSLR sales. Imagine, I could sell my D100 for a profit in 2 years time OK back to reality.

Cheers
Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Prices dropping on the D100.
Reply message RE: Prices dropping on the D100.
Reply message Interesting Ebay deals
Reply message RE: Interesting Ebay deals
     Reply message RE: Interesting Ebay deals

G