Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100, AFS Lens, Kenko Pro TC problem

sjn

Mtn View, US
194 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sjn Basic Member
Mon 23-Dec-02 12:43 AM

Today for the first time I tried the Kenko Pro TCs with my D100 and 300 f/4 AFS lens. To my surprise it wouldn't focus. Not even the usual hunting. Press the shutter button, no noise, no movement. At first I thought the camera was in manual focus but it wasn't. I tried with both the 1.4x and 2.0x TC. Same problem. Next I tried my Nikon TCs and everything worked fine.

To try to narrow it down I then mounted the same lens/TC combination on my F100 and everything worked fine. Didn't seem to be the lens or TCs (I did clean the contacts on all pieces too). It was starting to look like a problem with the D100. Then I tried mounting the TCs and the 80-400VR to the D100. Everything worked fine.

It seems to be some kind of issue specifically between the D100, an AFS lens, and the Kenko Pro TCs (yes, these are the ones that work with AFS lenses - and the lens TC combo works on the F100).

Does anyone out there with a D100 have a Kenko Pro TC (the white/grey one not the black one) and an AFS lens that they could try this and see if they have the same problem?

Thanks,

Scott

G