Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
RRowlett

Hamilton, US
1257 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RRowlett Gold Member Charter Member
Wed 15-Jan-03 02:28 PM

Most inhabitants of this forum probably know this already, but the D100 is capable of producing images that are perfectly adequate for making large prints. Last night I showed several D100 prints in a competition, all enlarged to 10.75" x 15.5" (A3 with margins). At the end of the competition, an experienced photographer came up to me and asked me if my shots were taken with a medium format camera(!). Then I was asked how long it took me to modify the image in Photoshop to get it to look the way it did. Answer: the image was in fact not modified other than to crop, resize, and resample to 240 dpi and apply unsharp mask.

I don't know about you, but I have been told on many occasions that "you can't make large prints with a 6 Mpixel camera." The results prove otherwise. If you haven't made large D100 prints try it--you may like it.

Cheers.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D100 Image Quality
Reply message Your image
Reply message RE: Your image
Reply message Darrell's Image
Reply message D100 Image Quality vs medium format
     Reply message RE: D100 Image Quality vs medium format

G