Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D100 and my continuing Education

BRiggleman

Charles Town, US
328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BRiggleman Registered since 10th Nov 2002
Thu 13-Feb-03 02:09 AM

I now consider my D100 to be my own $2000.00 dollar photo course. What a way to learn. Early in my ownership of this gem/tool/toy (ok, its a camera)I complained to high heaven... too soft, under-exposures, not as good as my CP995.

In my own personal opinion, (very humbly submitted to all)this is a fantastic piece of equipment. It has exposed all my mistakes, forced a learning curve that I am still not sure I can hold on to, and above all else has made me fall in love with photography all the more!

I am just now starting to appreciate NEF file formats, wow! what a difference from jpegs, abandoned Corel photopaint for Adobe Photoshop, (it works with nef files)and just for laughs, took a 20% crop of a photo, blew it up to 11 x 14 and was I impressed!!! yes I was! I may not be a professional ( I earn no money from this hobby what so ever ) but I look forward to becoming one hell of a amateur.

Yes, I am going to forward my monetary dues/donation to this site and even buy a hat! Thanks to all who gave advice in the past and helped me hang in there.

Later

Brad

I always want the next model up!

G