Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Gray SB-80DX on a D100

Yogi

West Hills, US
43 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Yogi Basic Member
Thu 06-Mar-03 08:01 PM

Yesterday I posted a question in the Speedlight forum but did not receive a response for part of my query. Maybe someone here can help me out. Due to unavailability of the SB-80DX USA version, I am considering the option of purchasing the import market unit from B&H. I have a couple of concerns and will be grateful if anyone can comment on known problems/issues with a gray unit compared to the USA version:

1. Does it deviate in functionality, features, physical appearance or included accessories?
2. Is the printed info. on the back of the unit/LCD display in English or some foreign language?
3. Does the LCD display distances in feet or meters?
4. Does it come with an English instruction manual?
5. Any compatibility issues, specifically with the D100?
6. Is there anything whatsoever to be concerned about (besides absence of Nikon, Inc. warranty) when buying this gray?

Thanks,

Yogi.

G