PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING PICTURES
3. Posting links to images, uploading and attaching images
1. The posting of images to our forums is a privilege we grant members, as our way to thank those who currently contribute to our operations costs in amounts of or above 25 USD for Silver Donor status. We must nevertheless limit quantity, size and frequency of photo posts. All registered members may post topics and link to their photographs at other sites, but we ask all to abide by the same rules as if posted at Nikonians directly.
2. Do not post any images not made by a Nikon camera or a Nikon-based hybrid camera. If you want to share images taken with other cameras/formats, these pictures should be posted in the Other Camera Systems forum only.
3. Do not post images not belonging to you. Do not create combined images of pictures not belonging to you. Do not post combined pictures where you are not the legal owner. If you want to post an image which was not taken by you (i.e. you do not have the copyright), please ask both the originator and the editorial team for permission before doing so. Failing to abide to international copyright laws is illegal.
4. Traffic being our major cost component, no more than 3 photos may be posted (Silver donors) or linked to by any user per day. This count includes all photos in both original and follow up posts to all forums in any combination.
5. Limit the image to no more than
640 800 pixels on the longest side. This is to accommodate those who have smaller monitors or members who have their screens displayed at 800x600.
6.There is a maximum
70KByte 100KByte limit to each image posted, and you will get an error message trying to upload any image larger. This makes for a better experience for dialup users and helps keep network traffic costs down.color>
Example sizing process to reach
70KB 100KB from Photoshop (similar process in other tools):
a. Open your file.
b. Image > Image Size Set the longer dimension to 800 Pixels.
c. File > Save for Web Option
d. Verify file size (or set to below 100KByte)
e. Save as a JPG
7. Do not post your image, or reference/link to your image more than once, i.e. do not repeat your postings or references/links.
8. Whenever you include an image in your postings, it is nice if you include the technical data of the shot, camera, lens, film, etc. so viewers can see what various combinations can produce.
9. If you add a signature for your posts to your profile and such signature includes a link to your homepage, we ask that in reciprocity you become an Official Nikonians Ring member and add to your homepage the links provided.