Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
4yanx

Bay Area, US
415 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
4yanx Registered since 20th Jan 2006
Wed 20-Sep-06 05:49 PM

While taking pictures in the Baseball Hall of Fame last week, I experienced something which was very unusual and now it seems that my view screen might be on the fritz. I had just changed lenses and was making some white balance adjustments when I heard a distinct "pop" come from inside the camera. It sounded just like one of the flash bulbs on an old time Brownie camera when they were shot. Subsequently, it seems as though the preview of shots on the LCD all seem very grainy when I do a zoom in, though the pictures are not grainy when viewed on the computer or when printed and the screen when looking at menu items looks fine. Has anyone experienced this "pop" before and know what it was and/or does anyone wish to conjecture as to whether or not there might be damage?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Mysterious Pop

G