Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Exposure Comp in Manual Mode?

Hoolie

Olympia, US
30 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Hoolie Registered since 09th Feb 2004
Wed 16-Aug-06 03:38 PM

Hello,
At first I thought my new D200 had a software glitch. Exposure Compensation is not working right! It worked a certain way on my F4s.
Shouldn't it work the same way on my D200. But it dosn't. I'm not pleased. I see that if I've set to A mode, plus comp. increases
exposure and minus comp. decreases exposure; backwards of all my
nikon film bodies.
And it dosen't work at all in manual mode on the D200. I don't want to change the f stop or shutter speed, I just want to slighty bracket.
Can anyone explain why Nikon would change something to be counter-intuitve to what we're (or me) used too?

Julie

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Exposure Comp in Manual Mode?
Reply message Surely not!

G