Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wouldn't it be helpful if...

RJLOMMD

Owings Mills, US
286 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RJLOMMD Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 06th Jul 2004
Wed 09-Aug-06 11:39 PM

As I read these posts, especially the ones which detail problems with the D200, I see references to "earlier-run" models and speculations about why this or that D200 does or does not have the problem. Wouldn't be helpful to all to see the first four numerals of the serial number so as to get an idea when the particular camera was made?

I've had mine since early June and I've been experimenting and shooting and I've had no problem --with the camera that is. The settings are so diverse I sometimes have some difficulty remembering which one I used for which shot. Hogan's suggestion about not only remanimg the shooting banks and menus but changing the file names as well has helped. And having access to EXIF metadata also helps.

Nevertheless, the point is that if Nikon has made changes to its quality control or to the specs, it would make sense to cite part of the serial number especially if a problem or defect is being reported. I notice that there has been a decrease in the number of posts about banding which was all the rage last winter. Could that have been a problem with the early production models that has been adjusted by Nikon? Just my two cents!

R.J.L
Owings Mills, MD
----------------------
enjoying 40+ years "playing through the viewfinder"...but now getting more serious about making pictures

R.J.L
Owings Mills, MD

Nikonians Gallery
Picasa Gallery
PBase Gallery

----------------------
enjoying many years "playing through the viewfinder"...but now getting more serious about making quality images.

G