Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 Focus is off 90% of the time

Yoga_Steve

Birmingham, US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Yoga_Steve Registered since 23rd May 2006
Tue 23-May-06 09:49 PM

Hi everyone,
I am the proud owner of a D200 kit. I've been shooting Nikons for 18 years, but always film.

Here is my question ... I come from a F4 / N90s kinda' gear so I'm used to the Single Focus mode, but the focus with the D200 is always soft. I first played with the 17-70 that came with the kit, and then a Nikon 80-200 / 2.8 and a few Nikon Film primes.

The focus looks nice in the viewfinder but the image is soft. Only when there is a boat load of contrast is it even close. My assistant has a few Sigmas and they were way sharper then the Nikons.

SO I traded my film lens and add $$ for a 17-50 2.8 & a 80-200 2.8 Sigma. Well it seems like a camera thing now and not a lens thing. Mostly wider lenses are the softest with the 200 end of the zoom "OK" sharp.

So what gives?
I didn't remember this kinda problems with the film Cameras...

Thanks for reading the whole thing,

Steve

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 Focus is off 90% of the time