Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"Fogged" LCD Monitor Cover

Musicbiz60

US
66 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Musicbiz60 Registered since 04th Oct 2004
Sun 14-May-06 11:02 PM

I've had my D200 for a while now and just ran into my first trouble spot as the weather has heated up. While outdoors in bright sun, the monitor cover "fogs up," but not in the normal way as when you get breath behine the cover - more like a purplish discoloration in a horse-shoe design from the top of the cover down on each side. The effect is like the plastic has overheated from a flame too close to it.

When this first happened, I was afraid it was the LCD, but when I popped off the cover everything was normal. Clearly the cover was being discolored. After a while, indoors, the discoloration went away. Today I noticed that this does not happen indoors or with flash indoors, but outside it's happened a few times.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

Jerry

Subject
ID
Reply message RE:
Reply message RE:
Reply message RE:
Reply message RE:
     Reply message RE:
     Reply message RE:
          Reply message RE:
     Reply message RE: