Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Ion Control

Ft. Worth, US
105 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ion Control Registered since 06th Nov 2005
Sat 13-May-06 06:03 PM

Less-than-useful thread. Question answered. Mods feel free to delete.

(Edited subject out because this doesn't appear to be a useful thread for the general community. What's useful for the community should stay at the top, not posts with intriguing topics that never seem to die.)

Bought a D200 body from the local Wolf Camera the other day. Didn't really bother shopping because I knew the D200 was too new to sell for anything less than $1,700. What I didn't even think of was tax Pushed the price up $150. I hopped online today, found one in stock and ordered it. Now, I've already taken 300 shots with the Wolf Camera body. My thought was that I'd return the unopened online order and keep the one I'm using. I feel like this is fair since the local shop gets a brand new camera to sell, not one that's already been used (read a post on the D70 forums about someone who bought one of these and returned it because it was, indeed, already used. Don't want the shop to have this hassle.)

My thought is that the shop isn't going to look close (the receipt doesn't even show the serial number). The online order form, however, will likely have the serial number (at least, Adorama's does). Is the warranty tied to the serial number listed on the invoice or is it tied to the actual serial number on the card and body? I think I called Nikon once and asked and they said the latter, but I want to be sure.

Any ideas? In a way, I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but when I think about it, it feels like this is actually the right thing to do. Does that make sense or is my moral compass just totally out of whack?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Here's an interesting warranty question
Reply message John- I would suggest reading the.....

G