Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

separating NEF + JPEG

YK

CA
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
YK Registered since 07th Apr 2006
Tue 02-May-06 03:20 PM

With all the debates about RAW vs JPEG going on, I decided to see for myself what the fuss is about. The problem is, now I have a memory card full of images and I cant seem to separate the RAW ones from the JPEGs. I have been shooting Large Fine+RAW, and in camera this is noted on the images. However once I try and transfer anything off the card they are all marked as JPEGs. Nikon capture doesnt recognize them as RAW, and in Photoshop the exif data even says JPEG. What do I do? Right now I am using the USB cable to transfer the images, could this be part of the problem? The files come off the card with the name format _XXX0001 then followed by (i assume the NEF) _XXX0001 (1). There has to be a better way to transfer the files and sort them.

any help would be appreciated!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: separating NEF + JPEG

G