Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Accessories that you missed?

cl0123

Honolulu, US
227 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cl0123 Registered since 22nd Apr 2006
Mon 24-Apr-06 08:23 PM

What would be the item(s) that you wish you would have gotten sooner with the D200?

Greetings! A long time Nikon user here that has recently decided to update to the digital age for a year-end Asian trip. The modern Nikkor system and its designations are certainly complicated and so I am hoping to get some help to round up a complete travel kit. What I especially need help is getting something to download the CF cards so that I don't have to lug around a laptop. I genrally shoot up to 6 to 7 rolls of 36's on a day, and so can someone help me with the math and on what kind of eStorage device that would be most reliable and useful?

I am on the waiting list for the D200 & 18-200mm zoom kit. On top of that I am planning to pick up:

• SB-800 flash

• 72mm "Clear NC glass" filter

• RRS L-plate

• 2 GB CF card. Is there a "standard bearer" in this category? I gather it might be a Lexar, but I am already lost on which "series" of that line.

Hope the "waiting list" won't take up months. There seem to be a lot of raves about the general purpose 18-200mm zoom. I am not sure if I should splurge on a 12-24mm wide zoom as I already have a manual Nikon with a 20mm AIS. Just need to get some shutter time to make another determination. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and feedback.

With Aloha,

Clarence

"Sorry, the F3 is not for sale"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Accessories that you missed?

G