Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

First In Line for D200

DWM

US
257 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DWM Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 16th Sep 2004
Sun 30-Oct-05 05:00 AM

Since the latest info seems to be very real, I thought I'd stop by my local shop today just to see if they would let me register a preorder for the D200. I pretty much expected to be told to call when it was officially announced, but instead they were happy to put me first in line. It seems the Nikon rep was in on Thursday and related some concrete information to them. The Nikon rep also stated that Nikon corporate was pretty miffed at all the leaks. How true that is who knows.

The sales person was not giving out anything more that what is on the web, i.e, 10.4 MP, etc., but was more that happy to sign me up, including the new 18-200mm VR lens. When I asked him to add the lens to my order he said "you must be getting this from the web - DP Review?" I told him yes, and Nikonians. I'd say we're on for Tuesday.

Don

Don

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G