Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Chromatic Aberration, d200 in shop--something they can

3XP05UR3

73 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
3XP05UR3 Registered since 30th Mar 2006
Wed 29-Mar-06 11:20 PM

Hey all,
I just recently got the d200, unfortunately its in the shop for banding. I have faith it will come back pristine...Although that's not just my only problem.

I also own a Tamron 90 f/2.8, the 18-70 kit lens, a sigma 30 f/1.4 and now I've just ordered a Tokina 12-24...With all the lenses I own, I get at least *some* chromatic aberration (purple fringing) in high contrast areas (although properly exposed). I actually bought a Nikkor 50 1.4 and the purple fringe was so bad, I returned it for a replacement. The second one was not much better, so I opted for a refund instead...

The way I hear some people talk in other forums about their lenses and the d200, hardly anyone gets CA. The only lens for me that manages to not get CA is the 18-70 kit and I've done some extensive standardized testing on this also...

Now I'm beginning to wonder if a focal plane adjustment is in order, that it seems highly unlikely that virtually ALL my lenses are defective. Now that its being fixed for banding, I could give them a call to see if they can do something for me...

Does anyone here know if that's possible or do I have just extremely bad luck?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Chromatic Aberration, d200 in shop--something they
     Reply message RE: Chromatic Aberration, D200 in shop--something they

G