Pre-ordered mine at Ritz Camera, free shipping and no sales tax. This saved me $84.95 in tax and $30+ dollars in shipping. I was going to order from Berger Bros and support those that support us, but they said they'd charge $30+ in shipping! With the $115 or so I saved, I can buy two new batteries.
Very excited. VERY.
Biggest question now is whether to upgrade my 18-70 to an 18-200. Can't wait to see the reviews, especially in regards to sharpness.
#2. "RE: Pre-ordered at Ritz" | In response to Reply # 1Keegan Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2005Tue 08-Nov-05 05:47 PM
I just got the camera body for now. It was $1699.00 total, no tax, no shipping. I'll be paying that back until tax day as it is, so I stayed away from the grip (which to be honest, I don't like that much as it makes the camera very big) and the other battery.
Why I am upgrading from the D70:
- iso 100, and hopefully better high iso performance
- bigger LCD
- better autofocus performance? I hope so.
- rubber seals (like to take it to the mountains with me)
- other small things like being able to switch focus modes on the camera body instead of having to fiddle with the menus
- no more stupid "scene modes."
#4. "RE: Pre-ordered at Ritz" | In response to Reply # 3