Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

You wait for ages then two come at once

stevanas

UK
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
stevanas Registered since 02nd Mar 2006
Fri 03-Mar-06 03:10 PM

I have been a lurker here for some time and always been amazed at the generousity of spirit shown by many members of Nikonians. Many thanks.

I am now a proud owner of a D200 and loving the move from my D70. After phoning around half a dozen dealers here in the UK I was having no luck finding someone who had much idea when to expect a new batch. I was given estimates of between 2 weeks and 3 months for delivery, and ended up placing a back order with Jessops. Not a company I would normally choose but they were giving the shortest estimate and I wanted to get my hands on one prior to some work I have to do very soon.

As a last minute thought I decided to call the little independent dealer near me and to my amazement he had a body in stock. I cancelled my order at Jessops and purchased lacally(which is always a good thing).

Next day a courier turns up with a D200 body from Jessops, even though I'd been given a delivery of after the 9th. So it seems, despite what you see as stocked on a web site, or what you are told on the phone, it is not necessarliy so. Jessops defanitley has at least one body in stock for those still looking here in the UK.

My initial tests show a superior handling of exposure and dynamic range over my D70. Brilliant. NAS sated, for a short while at least!

G