Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is this normal SOP???....

LindaM

US
30 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
LindaM Registered since 04th Nov 2005
Sat 05-Nov-05 01:09 AM

OK, I'm new to the whole "new camera announcement circus," and I was just as excited as everyone else about the new release. After the dust of a few days has settled, I am still concerned about the lack of photos being posted -- both from Nikon and those "annointed few" who actually got to grope one.

I would have thought that Nikon would have been plastering the internet with tons of photos and extolling the virtues of image and noise qualtiy. I'm also concerned about this new focusing system -- cam1000. Doesn't seem like they're giving out much info.

So...long story short...is this NORMAL?? I mean, is this the way Nikon usually launches new products. It seems like they just put the specs out there and then leave all the rest to the "reviewers."

Just curious if this is business as usual or something out of the ordinary.

-Linda

-Linda

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G