Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 - first impressions

Feri

Budapest, HU
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Feri Registered since 11th Mar 2002
Fri 04-Nov-05 09:03 PM

Yesterday I had the opportunity to play with a D200+18-70DX attached.
I also borrowed a D70 (didn't take mine).

- It is not much bigger in size and weight than the D70. If you carry a D70* today you do not need to rearrange the gear in your camera bag.

- The controls are similar to the ones on the D2X. (I could not compare them directly, I had reach to a D2X about one hour later only.)

- Both LCDs are much bigger, and the viewfinder was much smaller and darker on th D70 even with a 2.8 Sigma zoom attached.

- The MLU works. It will lock up the mirror and stop down the aperture as well when you press the shutter release, which is good. On the other hand when the shutter opened I could feel noticable vibration on the body. You cannot avoid using a sturdy tripod even if "Mirror-up" mode is activated with the slightly stiff left dial.

- It was a bit strange that it took about half of a second to delete an image after the comfirmation. (It may depend on the card, I did not check what type was within.)

Shall I upgrade to the D200? Personally I think I will wait. The D70 is good enough for me as a general purpose body and as long as I shoot slide film when photographing nature with an F80 I could not justify buying a new DSLR after one year.

Feri

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 - first impressions