Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

viewfinder specifications: how do they work?

gavinjung

Vancouver, CA
249 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gavinjung Registered since 04th Apr 2002
Fri 04-Nov-05 08:35 PM

ok, i suppose i could wait until the D200s are in stores to look for myself, but i'm impatient. i only know that the D200 viewfinder is bigger than that on the D2X, and the numbers that've been posted in various reviews. so i'm trying to figure out what the numbers mean. sounds to me that when a 50mm 1.4 is mounted and focused at infinity, the image that one sees in the viewfinder at the specified eyepoint is ??x the size that one sees the same view eyes unaided. is this right? if so, is it reasonable to compare the viewfinder size between film cameras and the D200 by factoring the 1.5x crop factor? so in the case of the D200 the spec is 0.94x (can't remember). factor in the crop and that's about 0.63x. that still makes it smaller than film cameras such as the F80 at 0.75x. is this correct?

gj.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G