Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 Battery Performance

AwesomeIan

Bellevue, US
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AwesomeIan Registered since 30th May 2014
Thu 17-Jul-14 09:31 PM

Last night I took 5 pictures. They were between 20-40 second exposures. I was using a battery grip with 2 Nikon batteries. The 5 pictures ate one whole battery.

Last weekend I took about 20 pictures of fireworks. Each time the shutter was opened for 2-3 seconds. In the battery grip I was using 6 new AA. It ate them all. I wasn't able to shoot the entire show.

I have 3 Nikon batteries. They are actually holding a charge pretty good. I configured the camera to not display the picture after every shot. I can get anywhere between 150-200 "normal" non-long exposure shots.

Is this normal. I could shoot the whole weekend with one battery on the D70s (with some long exposure shots).

Lets just say I wanted to do some star trails where I would be taking lots of long exposure shots. Even with 3 fully charged batteries and disposable AA it still wouldn't be enough. How does somebody do this on the D200?

G