Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 tips/help when shooting in a exhibit hall and indoor sports field

wtdedula

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wtdedula Registered since 12th Apr 2007
Thu 20-Mar-14 01:50 AM

Hello All;
I would like some ideas/suggestions about how to take better pictures with my D300 in an exhibit hall type of environment and indoor arena.

I can't seem to upload files to show you a representative of my shooting environment for some reason. The files I'm trying to upload are pretty mall and yet I keep getting a message that the upload failed.

I would consider myself above a beginner but definitely not an expert. I have been the lead photographer for our local FIRST robotics competition for many years and I feel it is a rather difficult environment (Atleast for me) to get the exposure just right.

I understand the basics of exposure but still am missing something because as I said I can't seem to get the exposure right. I use Adobe lightroom to improve many of my images but I'd like to get better results out of the camera.

I have the D300 with the Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-f/5.6 G ED lens and SB-800 Speedlight. I recently purchased a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens to experiment with and I haven't had a chance to try it yet at the Robotics Competition but will get a chance tomorrow through Saturday.

If you'd like more information, let me know.

Tim

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 tips/help when shooting in a exhibit hall and ...

G