Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New member / Firmware update uestion

BFriggs

Denver, US
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BFriggs Registered since 05th Feb 2014
Tue 04-Mar-14 05:11 PM

Hello
I am a new member here. My history in photography and how I got to the point I am at now is a long story. I will spare you all of that. But I am switching from Canon back to Nikon. I was a Nikon nut when I started. Yes I switched but there where reasons I won't get into here. I have been using a Canon Rebel XTi for years and it has served me well. I was going to upgrade to a better canon body, but I have been wanting to change back to Nikon for a long time. Figured now is the time. So I bought a Nikon D300. I am disabled and have been since I turned 40 so money is not easy to come by having a wife and kids. I had enough money to buy just the D300 body from KEH and borrowed a lens from a friend to try it out and see if I wanted to keep the Nikon and do the switch or send it back and update to a canon body like I originally planed. Well I am loving the D300 and my Canon gear os for sale, so I can buy some Nikon glass so I can actually use the D300.

Now I do have a question. I just read a post about firmware updates. It seems my Nikon has firmware 1.01 on it. I think I read there is a update 1.11. Is this something I should do? I assume I would find this information on the Nikon site. Is this true? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to joing other Nikon fans and nuts on here and learning from each other.

Thanks,

Bill
A photograph is a moment in history to be remembered tomorrow.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New member / Firmware update uestion

G